Tennis | Rules
- Only Club members, Club team members and properly registered guests may use the courts.
- Players must wear proper tennis shoes with non-marking soles and appropriate tennis attire.
- Shirts must be worn at all times.
Court Wait List & Court Sign In
- Members and guests must check in at the Front Desk and be assigned a Tennis Court unless they are participating in a tennis clinic, lesson
or scheduled event.
- All members/guests must be present before the court is assigned.
- Players on a court who failed to check in and be assigned a court must relinquish the court to players who properly checked in and were
assigned a court.
Advance Reservation of Court #4
- Court #4 (or Court #3 on weekends) can be reserved for up to one and one-half (1 1/2) hours for singles or two (2) hours for doubles by
calling the Club no more than 24 hours in advance of the desired playing time.
- Court reservations will be posted at Court #4 by Club staff.
- Failure to show up with a partner by 15 minutes past the reserved time voids the reservation.
- Available Play Times: Every day from 1pm up to 7pm, unless a team match is scheduled.
Maximum Court Time
- The maximum court time for singles is one and one-half (1 1/2) hours.
- The maximum court time for doubles is two (2) hours.
- The maximum court time includes any "warm up" time taken.
- If your allotted playing time is up, you must vacate the court if there are players on the wait list.
Courts Reserved for Team Practice and Matches
- Morning Team Practice: Women's team practice/clinics have priority on Courts #1, #2, & #3 on Monday and Tuesday from
- Evening Team Practice: Team practice events have priority on Courts #1, #2 & #4 Tuesday and Thursday evenings from
6:30pm to 10pm.
- Team Matches may be scheduled on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday and on weekends on Courts #1, #2 and #4. Check the Scott
Valley Court Calendar for the schedule. Matches can extend court time past the reserved time until the match has been completed.
- Weekend Matches should be scheduled either for 12pm or 3pm. For matches starting at 12pm, if there is a match scheduled
for 3pm, a tie break must be played instead of a final third set.
- Note: Any unused reserved team practice court is available for general play fifteen (15) minutes past the start of the
reserved time. It cannot be reclaimed by the team later within the reserved time.
Courts Reserved for Tennis Pro Teaching
- Court #3 | Monday through Friday and all Holidays | 8am to 10pm
- Court #5 | Monday through Friday and all Holidays| 8am to dark; Saturday and Sunday | 8am-noon
- Note: If a teaching court is not in use by both the pro and a student by 15 minutes past the start of the reserved hour
or half hour, the court is available for general play until the next scheduled lesson.
- Junior players 12 years and older have the same rights to use the courts as adult members. All junior players under the age of 12 must
be supervised directly by an adult while they are on the courts unless they are sanctioned in writing by the Tennis Director.
- The minimum age to use the ball machine without an adult present is 14 years. Children under 5 years old may not use the ball machine.
- All guests must be registered and sign a liability waiver on the guest sign-up sheet at the Club's front desk or in the Clubhouse. The
Guest Registration Fee is $5.00 except on Mondays and Wednesdays from 1:00-3:00pm when guests may play for free.
- Failure to sign in a guest subjects the member to a penalty fine of $15.00 in addition to the $5.00 registration fee for the unregistered
- Play Tennis Marin and Flex League opponents will be considered guests of their SVSTC opponents.
- A member can "host" one (1) guest at a time. If a member wishes to bring more than one (1) guest, he or she should request permission from
the Club Manager or the Tennis Director at least 24 hours in advance.
- A guest must be accompanied by their sponsoring member at all times.
- A guest may only play tennis, as a guest, a maximum of one time per week.
- Non-members who play on a SVSTC team may play at all team play days, team clinics, and matches without being signed in by a member and
without paying a guest fee. If they play at any other time, they are subject to all of the normal guest rules, listed above, including
the "once per week maximum” rule.
Tennis Rule Disputes
- The Club Manager or the Tennis Director will resolve any disputes as they occur.